Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Art Sites for Kids — Matisse!

I've decided every now and then to feature an art-related web site for kids. I keep saying to myself that I will create a blog roll and list them all, but then I visit one site, and have too much fun just being there! So let's start with one, shall we? Now at least I know I've started!
My first feature is:

Raoudi the dog leads you on a tour of Matisse's paintings. The tour is filled with quotes from the artist, puzzles, and lessons about color, pattern, props and more. As you read along and play, you collect items to add to your portfolio. Then you get to assemble your own online collage using the items from your portfolio. Here is my Matisse inspired masterpiece! I hope you get a chance to make one of your own, and to share the experience with a young person you know.

3 comments:

Nancie Kay said...

This is great! Would be a wonderful introduction to pattern & Matisse when used with my ActivBoard - will look forward to your other discoveries...

Laurie said...

That site is amazing! I can't wait to show my students! Thank you so much for sharing that.

Laurie said...

Thank you so much for sharing that awesome site for Matisse - I can't wait to share that with my students, they will love it!